AmigaActive (2031/2143)

From:Kevin Fairhurst
Date:31 May 2000 at 10:13:39
Subject:Re: MP3 encoding on 040/25

On Wed, 31 May 2000 11:07:41 +0200, Tudor Davies (tudor@high5.net) wrote:
> I have a question...
>
> well 2 actually...
>
> 1/ Which issue had the MP3 encoders review in it? Was it even AA?

Issue 5, page 30 ;-)

> 2/ How slow is the 040/25 when it comes to encoding?

Very!

> I have an 040/25 doing
> fairly nothing and wanted it to crunch in the background - but not if it is
> going to take me a week to do a single CD...

Time to start a chant methinks - "RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5,
RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5, RC5,
RC5" ...

Kev

Kevin "Redvers" Fairhurst - ICQ 56332267, redver5 on AIM

Hot off the press- summer's here!
School's out and it's sizzling hot. Whether you're planning a
graduation party, a summer brunch, or simple birthday party,
shop GreatEntertaining.com before your next celebration.